WALT: Gain meaning from text
1) What does Anzac day commemorate? ANZAC day is to commemorate to remember the solders that died in World war 1. If you are wondering what is the word commemorate is. It means remember.
2) How did Anzac biscuits get their name? ANZAC biscuits got there name after the World War 1. They were made while the women were making some biscuits, so after the world war 1 they made a name for them.
3) What does ANZAC stand for? ANZAC stands for Australian, New Zealand Army Corps.
4) Why is this years Anzac day important? This years ANZAC day is important because it as been 100 years since the World War 1 began.
5) What do you think RSS should do to commemorate Anzac day this year? Sell poppies, And have a pared dressed up in green and red because the poppies are red and there uniform was green.
I think it is good to have ANZAC day because everyone can remember them, also so you now what day it happened.